24 July 2007

Preview: Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles

The first five minutes of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles pilot episode (based from the movie franchise) is already pumped with action. A school gets blown up, Sarah and her son, John, are both running for their lives and I could not take my eyes off the TV screen. Before I can even try and jog my memory of what little I know of its movie version (not a fan of Terminator really), the story has already began rolling and I had to really sit there, watch and follow it.

My first impression --- this is quite a big-budgetted TV series....very ambitious for TV.

My second impression --- I still can't imagine anyone else playing Sarah Connor but Linda Hamilton, but I am liking the series' actors and their take on the characters, so far. Sarah for the TV version is played by Lena Headey (300) and John is played by Thomas Drekker (Heroes).

Midway through, Summer Glau's (Serenity, Firefly) character, Cameron is introduced. She looks like a harmless 16-17 year old but she is in fact one of the cyborgs of this series, a teenager protecting a teenager (John).

The twist to this TV version? It's starts off in 1999 but by the end of the episode, Sarah, John and Cameron are transported to 2007. And this is where their saga will start.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles won't be premiering on the small screen until mid-season. Why the long wait? I wonder about this myself.

It will be aired on Fox.

TV Promo posted in this previous entry




, , ,