16 February 2008

Lipstick Jungle, revisited

After some hesitation, I caught up with the second episode of Lipstick Jungle early today. If you've been reading this blog long, you probably know how much I loathe the pilot episode. Between my first viewing of the show last year and today, something must have happened. Because Lipstick Jungle, while not exactly a show I would put in the "great" category, has improved on the second episode. Those tweaking and changes they did to the show paid off, I guess. It's either that or three other things 1) my taste have turned a notch lower; 2) the strike has forced me to tolerate and take in anything I can watch; 3) Cashmere Mafia, its twin of a series, is so much more loathesome.

Anyhow, whatever it is, at least I've got something new to watch for awhile. The show will only stay on till March 20. And after that, I can quickly forget about it, as new episodes of the shows I really love and matter return.

Reviews of Lipstick Jungle (created by Candace Bushnell):

EW's Ken Tucker

LA Times
NY Mag
Boston Globe
NY Post