09 September 2008

Australian Idol's Top 12 2008

After two weeks, Australia has decided who their Top 12 are gonna be. I've got a few potential favorites on the list, but none stood out just yet. This batch is talented but, sadly utterly boring. I hope they pick it up a notch on the 14th.

FIRST EIGHT PICKS


Tom Williams - It's a wonder to me how he got in. His voice is average. Must be his bedimpled baby face. *Like Meter: 1 out of 5*


Wes Carr - Cool, cool guy. He sang Come Together (Beatles) during the Sydney Rounds and he was grrrreat. But it looks like that was his peak. I hope I'm wrong. *Like Meter: 5 out of 5*


Thanh Bui - The former Boy Band member. Good voice, yes but he has this tendency to oversing. He reminds me too much of local singer, Randy Santiago. *Like Meter: 3 out of 5*


Teale Jakubenko - I remember the dramatic events of his audition but I can't remember the performance that got him in. *Like Meter: 2 out of 5*


Mark Spano - Not quite sure how he got here, too. He sang okay but it was boring. *Like Meter: 2 out of 5*


Chrislyn Hamilton - Only 17 years old, she performs like Aretha Franklin. Big voice, big energy, big personality, big girl. *Like Meter: 5 out of 5*


Madam Parker - Alicia Keys wanna-be. She has 'ttude which I like. *Like Meter: 3 out of 5*


Brooke Addammo - she sings from the heart. She renders heartfelt songs. Her voice is crisp and clean.The only problem is, it seems ballads and slow songs are all she can do. *Like Meter: 5 out of 5*

WILDCARD PICKS


Roshani Priddis - Pretty impressive voice but picking the wrong song the first time nearly cost her. *Like Meter: 4 out of 5*


Sophie Patterson - I see her as Brooke Smith 2.0 *Like Meter: 4 out of 5*

Jonny Taylor - Sounds like Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam), looks like Jesus Christ. *Like Meter: 4 out of 5*


Luke Dickens - Can't remember what he did! *Like Meter: 1 out of 5*

You can YouTube their names and see their performances to judge for yourself.