25 June 2010

Gave Up on Rookie Blue After 18 Minutes

Rookie Blue
Wow. I just watched the crappiest show earlier and it did not help that I was in a pissy mode for most of this night. I am never going to get those precious 18 minutes back! That was all the time it took me to sit down and watch, till I couldn't stand it anymore. (And I could've used that 18 minutes to do something with my nails or whatever!)

The show? Rookie Blue.

The pitch? It's like Grey's Anatomy. With guns and cop uniforms.

Right then and there, I should've just left it alone and didn't bother checking it out...since I've vomited Grey's Anatomy out of my system by Season 4. Rookie Blue is so bad, in my opinion, that I don't think I'd want to have it on even just for background noise.

The series is filled with unfamiliar actors. Well, alright.... maybe except for the lead girl, Andy McNally, who was in Reaper but I had not recognized her; and that guy from Everwood (whatever happened to him?). Having a pool of unfamiliar actors isn't so bad, in fairness. Lots of actors start by being unknown, before the world of TV discovers they can shine.

But that is not the case here.

Featuring about five or six rookie cops fresh out of cop school, they hit the streets for the first time, in their crisp cop uniform, eager and raring for some cop action. But none of them had me convinced they were figures of authority.  Or terrific actors, for that matter. It's like watching cardboard figures "act", I could not get past that and see the program for its other merits (if it did have at least one).

Here's a clip. Watch it, don't watch it....it doesn't really matter.



I know this is for SummerTV and that programs during this season don't normally need to be of high caliber. But c'mon! This is one hour garbage that will probably convince me to watch Big Brother again (even if I already gave that other garbage up!)


BLOG PROMO: I'm Giving Away Cougar Town's Complete Season 1 Original DVD

Related stuff: