30 March 2011

New Show Alert: The Killing


I almost forgot that many new shows are coming out this April, including the highly anticipated Games of Thrones (which I've been mentioning on this blog since two years ago!). Along with that, AMC also has this dark crime drama premiering for 2 hours on April 3rd (USA).

Entitled The Killing, this series is about a murdered teenager, Rosie Larsen, whose case becomes controversial, involving families, high school kids and politicians, and where everybody is considered a suspect.

The Killing stars Mireille Enos as Sarah, the lead detective and Billy Campbell as a top politician, and is set in Seattle, Washington where the mood compliments what the show wants it to be. Early reviews are saying this story is absorbing. It's supposed to get viewers really hooked...so we'll see.

Personally, it takes awhile for me to warm up to a crime drama like this one but you know me, I will try watching anything.

Watch the four-minute teaser below: