04 April 2007

To be honest, I have not been watching a lot!

I have missed this blog! Mwah! Mwah! :D I'm still getting used to a completely new schedule. And to be honest, I have not been able to watch a lot, even if I wanted to. But I really can't complain.

Anyway, some TV stuff now...

Brothers & Sisters
All In The Family


This week's episode of Brothers & Sisters reminded me of the story of La Greta's daughter Dominique (indulge me for a bit of gossip for minute!). La Greta is Gretchen Barretto, a local celebrity. If we are to believe the story, Dominique's paternal grandmother was supposed to have pulled one strand from her hair so that grandma can test for paternity. Grandma was said to have been doubting that Dominque was her son's child and therefore, an heiress to an empire.

Anyway, in Brother's and Sisters, we find the male siblings doing a Grandma. A well-kept family secret, their long lost youngest sister, Rebecca, has resurfaced after 20 years and the boys wanted proof she was their father's daughter. So they sheepishly pulled a strand from her hair. . . sister caught it, questioned the motive, and everybody started blaming everybody.

You would think that Rebecca, who witnessed this crazy Walker family dynamics for the first time, would end up regretting the decision to finally meet her half-siblings. But she went home, and then told her mom (the mistress), who have sheltered her about her status all her life, that she was robbed of a family, of something just as crazy as the Walkers. *sniff*

I'm beginning to like the newest addition. Rebecca, played by the lovely Emily Van Camp, has given this series a better spin.

I wonder when Studio 23, or any cable channel for that matter, begins airing this.

****

Speaking of cable channels, we finally have ETC 2nd Ave. And the only show I've been currently watching there for the last three days was Jeopardy! because the ones they have are shows that I have either watched (so then I already know what it is about); or have wanted to watch from the beginning (but since I couldn't, under the circumstances, I had to forego it). Anyway, I saw previews of a new TV show, I just forgot what it was....

Over on ETC they premiered The Class this week, Monday 8 PM. I caught it by chance. Here's what I wrote about the show sometime July last year:

Why it will be hit: All signs point to it being not (a hit). On top of the annoying laugh track, the comedy is old school sitcom style, one that's alreadygetting outdated.

But I tell you what, seeing the premiere episode again made me change my mind. The show is, as I have said, not a hit, I still maintain that. But for some reason, the wind has changed and I quite enjoyed watching the pilot again the other day. I will now dutifully tune to ETC every week to watch it.

The Class is followed by another series (which I'm also giving a second chance), How I Met Your Mother .

ETC and ETC 2nd Ave affiliate, JackTV, has began Season 3 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. It's one of those underrated TV comedies that not a lot of people watch but should. It's good I caught the show tonight, while channel surfing. I thought they only had two seasons.

*****

News!

Hidden Palms will finally premiere this summer, May 30. Here's something I said about it months before:

Desperate Housewives meets OC meets Dawson's Creek. Three series I no longer watch or have never watched. Suprisingly, I found myself liking Hidden Palms.

And a look at an upcoming TV series, Private Practice, starring a favorite TV Heroine, Addison Montgomery:

Following her recent disastrous romantic misfortunes, Addison travels to Santa Monica, Calif., to seek advice from her old medical school pals, Naomi (Merrin Dungey) and Jackson (Taye Diggs) whom she believes have it all: a beautiful teenage daughter, a great marriage and a highly successful health cooperative.

Addison quickly learns that Jackson, also a successful TV health guru, has divorced Naomi. During the visit, Addison also meets the rest of the gang at the cooperative: a widowed alternative medicine doctor, a self-doubting therapist, and a male gynecologist who knows little about women, and realizes she is on familiar ground. Addison concludes that the personal lives of the people around her may be a mess, but professionally they stand out. (Sounds like those crazy interns, right?) So she decides to leave Seattle Grace behind and join the Oceanside Wellness Group team.

Other Cast: Chris Lowell ("Veronica Mars"), Amy Brenneman ("Judging Amy"), Tim Daly ("The Nine") and Paul Adelstein ("Prison Break")

Her show will pilot this April.

*****

Backlogs
Watch the latest episode of The Shield, Season 6
Watch the current episode of House, Season 3
Watch the first 3 episodes of Tudors
Catch up on :
  • 6 Episodes of 24 Season 6
  • 6 Episodes of Prison Break Season 2
  • 6 Episodes of Lost, Season 3